Not yet rated Add your review
Lionel Universal Remote Firmware Version 1.1
We’re excited to announce a new version of code for the Lionel LionChief Universal Remote! (6-83071)
This updated version of the code includes the following changes made over Version 1.0:
· Connect to ANY Lionel LionChief engine! No more worrying about compatibility with certain LionChief Locomotives! This remote will control any LionChief Locomotive we’ve ever produced.
· Multiple bugs have been fixed. Version 1.0 would sometimes disconnect from all locomotives it was controlling, and they would all need to be manually reconnected. That issue has been taken care of!
· More intuitive lighting features! As you may know, you can control up to three locomotives at once with the Universal Remote. In version 1.0, the number (channel) button on the remote would be lit when you were controlling an engine with that channel. With the update, channels that are connected to a running locomotive, but are not the current channel being used, will be dimly lit, indicating that there’s a locomotive that’s running on that channel. Channels not in use will continue to have no illumination.
Updating your remote:
If you already have a Universal Remote, there are a couple of different ways you can upload Version 1.1 to it.
· Over-the-air Updating APP: Visit the Apple Store on compatible Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iTouch) and download this APP. It will use the Bluetooth connection on your phone to connect to the Universal Remote and load the new firmware! For a more in-depth explanation of how this works, you can watch our instructional video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFfcpcsyTs
o Note: An Android Version of the Over-the-air Updating APP is still being worked on and will be available soon.
· Send your remote to Lionel Customer Service: You can send in your LionChief Universal Remote to Lionel Customer Service and we’ll take care of the updating for you. This comes with a $20 service charge. Please call Lionel Customer Service to get a RA number to send your remote in: (586)949-4100; open Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.
· What version of code is on my remote? Look at the back cover of your Universal Remote. A small red circle sticker on it means your remote has been updated to Version 1.1 already from the factory. If you do not have the red sticker, chances are likely that your remote still has Version 1.0 on it and needs to be updated.
· What if I’m happy with my remote as-is? Updating the firmware is not required! If your Universal Remote already runs all of you Lionel Locomotives and you’re happy with its performance, updating is not needed.See below for a list of Ready-to-Run train sets that are not compatible with version 1.0 of the Universal Remote: